Jul 17, 2013

#2 -Little things about Gmarket

Hello there! As the last post mentioned, I ordered on Gmarket for the first time a while ago. My package is now entering the worldwide shipping process... hopefully it'll arrive soon!

If you like online shopping (like me), you have to check out Gmarket!! It's a great website composed of different sellers with many, many, MANY merchandises - from clothings to beauty products to food, you name it!

There are lots of Gmarket tutorials on the Internet (in different languages), it's pretty easy to bring you on the right track. Thanks to the tutorials, I guess I spent only a day or two to learn how it functions before buying wildly.

Gmarket has both Korean and English interface, and I feel like it's best to switch bewteen 2 versions at different times to make the best use of Gmarket. It goes like this:

English version - making payment, tracking items and contacting customer service
(especially making payment because it involves taking away your money!)

Korean version - search for certain items, check out sales from offical direct shops
(Not only that less results come up in the English version, some sales were omitted in it too! Not a good deal!)

While I cannot read Korean, it still seems pretty easy to navigate through the website with the help of Chrome. That automatic translation is brilliant for Gmarketing.
Do pay attention that you cannot switch the language version you are visiting simply by clicking the "English/Korean" button on the upper right hand corner - it'll just bring you back to the mainpage. If I see an item on the English version and want to view it in the Korean interface, what I'll do is to add it into the wishlist/ shopping cart/favourite store - then go to the Korean interface to call the item out.

I spent most of the time deciding on what to buy - that means constantly clicking on my calculator and reading reviews for days. I finally bought some Etude House (50% off sale!) and Mizon. Then what I need to do was to wait patiently until all the items arrive at the Gmarket warehouse and pack for EMS. I ordered for the second time and combined shipping about a week later, because there was some SERIOUS DELAY from Mizon and I was afraid the items from them will be cancelled. This time I bought from It's Skin and Scinic, which were having sales also.

Just checked the EMS status for another time, it should go onto the plane by tomorrow. I can't wait to get my items! Will write you a haul post by then!

Cheers,
Cheri.


- Extra: Scary Email from Gmaket-

Not sure if any of you reading this experienced this, but I received a pretty scary email from the day after I made the first purchase.

Gmarket requested me to provide a front photo of my credit card (with the last 4 digits covered) because I was using an "undomesticated credit card" (i guess that means a foreign credit card). I was pretty shocked and immediately checked my credit card account, luckily the payment hadn't gone through yet so I was a bit assured.

Afraid that it was an email scam, I sent the Gmarket CS an enquiry and they confirmed that the email was legit. So I did what they told. Within 30 minutes they sent me back an email saying my payment is confirmed and that no more verification will be required in the future. Some of my items changed from "on request" to "on delivery" that day, and the payment went through the day after that.

I monitored my credit card account for days after that and no unauthorized transections appeared, so I guess there's not much to worry about? Feel free to leave me a comment if you had the same issue before!


No comments:

Post a Comment